Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. Edward Abbey

05 November 2002

Okay first real post! The African prescence on the Internet is a barely audible peep. I hope this web log will add to the volume ever so slightly - and I look forward to the day when the African lion roars, not only on the Internet but in every aspect of life. Welcome to the African century. Watch out here we come!

It's 2:30 pm my time. Summer is here. The sub-continent is sweltering today. So the end of the year draws near and the rain has started falling. I do love summer. Diwali is underway I heard the clap of fireworks in the distance last night. It went on until the early hours. Tomorrow marks the start of Ramadan too. So for many of my fellow South Africans, this is a very special time of year.

TODAYS TRIBUTE: Today's tribute goes to Ogoni writer Ken Saro-Wiwa who spoke out against human rights abuses and environmental issues in the oil-rich Niger delta. He paid the ultimate price in 1996 when he was hanged by the then military regime. I salute you hero of Africa. Aluta continua. The struggle continues.

Kim
ps Free Mzwakhe ...

No comments:

Post a Comment