Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. Edward Abbey

11 April 2006

And the hunter becomes the hunted


Some posts don't require many words. Just look at this picture. It churns my stomach. But the tables are turning. The species-traitors will soon join forces with the animals and others to stop this disrespectful slaughter.

I did a google image search for the word "Rooikat". I was looking for a picture of a Rooikat or Caracal to remind myself of how beautiful these animals are. Sadly my first 20 results were images of an army tank designed under the apartheid government. The remaining three, one of which is pictured on this page were:
  • a stuffed Rooikat being mocked by some drunk fool
  • the limp body of a murdered Rooikat as above, and
  • another dead Rooikat body piled on top of the body of a buck and enveloped by a stupid, smiling couple wearing silly cammo outfits.

Imagine if my young child was doing an ecology project for school and did this search. What kind of world are we living in?

No comments:

Post a Comment