Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. Edward Abbey

06 February 2009

Environmentalist Sentenced to 21 Years as a “Terrorist”; Violent Racists Receive Half That

Marie Mason, a longtime environmental activist and mother of two, was sentenced this afternoon to 21 years in prison, as a “terrorist,” for non-violent property crimes in the name of defending the environment. It’s a historic sentence, the longest yet for any of these Green Scare cases. Read more ...

... and fellow south africans if you think our fast-becoming fascist state is any different ... think again!

the insane crime levels in south africa are being used to introduce more and more draconian measures, the police are being given more liberty to use violence against suspects and violence is becoming a vicious cycle.

first they came for the environmentalists and I said nothing, because I am not a bunny hugger,
then they came for the gay and lesbian people, but I said nothing for I am not queer,
then they came for the anarchists and I said nothing for I am an upstanding citizen who believes in democracy,
then they came for the intellectuals, I said nothing, because I am a hard working labourer,
then they came for the metalheads and punks, but I have no tattoos or piercings, so I said nought,
by the time they for me, there was no one left to speak out ...

my apologies to martin niemoller for the corruption of his powerful anti-nazi poem

btw it's interesting to note that the friends of jz website also refers to niemoller's poem, implying that "they" are out to get him. wonder who he thinks is out to get him? I thought he got rid of mbeki, pikoli and ngcuka. is there any opposition left within the anc?

No comments:

Post a Comment