Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. Edward Abbey

30 June 2010

Goodbye José Saramago - a hero

 I am saddened at the passing of José Saramago, who I consider one of the people who has most influenced my thinking and is therefore one of the people responsible for opening my eyes.


He once said: "Is a world in which fewer than 300 people own as much as the poorest 40% a great achievement?"

I keep asking people that question in various ways, but I always get the same answer: "But I cannot do anything about it. The problem is too great for just one person to solve." Or, "I'll sign the petition, but then I have to get on with my job otherwise my boss will complain that I'm not working." etc etc


Ho hum.


Good bye Saramago and thank you for sharing your soul with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment